National Stationery Week kicks off on Monday 31st March in celebration of all things stationery.
It’s also a week to encourage Britain to get writing with this year’s focus on encouraging kids around the UK to pick up their pens and practice their handwriting.
Stationery is still holding it’s own in this technological age and there doesn’t seem to be any indication that this will change in the foreseeable future. In fact, technology has helped people to appreciate stationery even more!
There will be lots of retailers offering discounts on lots of stationery items during the week, so it will be a perfect time for you to stock up on all of your favourite stationery items.
Go here and visit National Stationery Week’s official website. It will tell you all you need to know if you would like to get involved. They are also holding a competition to win 2 fantastic prizes. Click here for a chance to win www.nationalstationeryweek.com/
Can you guess how far back Diaries have been in use?
Well you maybe surprised to hear a Diary dating back to 2528 BC in the reign of the 4th Dynasty King Khufu, or Orcheops, builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza was found close to the Red sea.
The fragments of the diary (papyri), the oldest ever found in Egypt, is written by Merrer, an old kingdom official involved in the building of the great pyramid. Though actual details of the pyramid’s construction are scarce, the journal provides a precise account for every working day.
It just goes to show, that even back then, a diary was crucial in getting those important jobs done!
What age did you buy/was given your first diary? Could you live without it? Please share in the comments below.
Sign up to receive our bi-monthly Newsletter and you could win a beautiful A5-sized My Secret Friend Ladies diary. We have 5 to give away.
Sign up here before the 28th February to be in with a chance to win.
My Secret Friend’s Ladies diary is a beautifully illustrated A5-sized diary. It features three sections – Me Diary, Health and Finance – to help you manage your life and live it to the full.
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes on Friday 28th February 2014.
- For your entry to be considered, you must sign-up to our Diary Notes e-newsletter and enter a valid email address.
- If you have already signed up to our e-newsletter, you will automatically be entered into the competition.
- 5 winners will be picked at random from all the entries.
- The prize winners will receive a beautiful My Secret Friend Ladies Diary.
- The prize winners will be notified by their email address within two days of the competition closing and to arrange delivery of the prize. Once notified, the winners will have four days to reply before we re-draw the competition.
- Once notified by us, the winners will need to contact us to arrange delivery of their prize.
- Entries that have not been chosen will not receive any notification.
- The prize is non-negotiable and non-refundable.
- We will list the winners’ names and locations on our website for at least one month after the prize draw.
- We reserve the right to publish the names and locations of the winners on our social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- By entering this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.